First Periodontal Visit
Your First Consultation is Key
Your first appointment is key – it will help us assess your condition as well as provide a forum for discussing your needs. What should you expect? A thoughtful, humanizing experience that leads to an intelligent course of treatment and a beautiful smile.
Show us your smile
During this visit, we will perform an oral examination and a series of diagnostics such as digital radiographs and photographs of your jaws and teeth. These records will help us diagnose any periodontal issues and lead us into a discussion about treatment options.
An open dialog
Questions? Ask us anything and everything you can think of.
That way, we will be able to create an appropriate treatment plan
commensurate with – and likely to exceed – your expectations.
We look forward to meeting you and helping to improve your health and well-being.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip and x-rays from your referring dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking (please note that you can fill out your patient registration and medical history form on our website.)
- If you have dental insurance, please bring any forms or insurance cards with you to the appointment.
Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation appointment.
Please notify the office if you have a medical condition or concern prior to surgery (e.g. artificial heart valves or joints, heart murmurs requiring pre-medication, severe diabetes, or hypertension).
We will complete an in-depth medical and dental health history and a thorough examination to measure for bone loss, loose teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ, and other signs of periodontal disease.
- Learn more about Dr. Gelb
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Prepare for Your First Visit
- Dental Insurance Information
- Payment Options
- Get Driving Directions