Important Information Regarding Reopening
May 29, 2020
Dear Patients, Parents and Friends:
We hope this letter finds everyone well and healthy. We want to update you on our office, our measured reopening and the steps we are taking to ensure we doing everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
While our office has been closed, Dr. Gelb and our team have been remarkably busy learning about the virus and evidence-based guidelines for restarting dental practices. We have implemented the guidelines offered by the CDC, American Dental Association and the Connecticut State Dental Association. This wealth of information is continually changing and we continue to update our practices as new information becomes available.
We will be opening our office on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, with hygiene appointments resuming on Monday, June 8, 2020. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to insure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and our team members.
We ask for your patience. We know there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We will eventually, but it will not be as efficient as we are used to in our office. We will have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well thought out and reviewed countless times.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- There will be a limited number of patients per day, roughly half the regular appointment load. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have an accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment cancelled.
Visits to Our Office
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel and well-being will be asked of all patients. This will be e-mailed just prior to your appointment. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- When you arrive for your appointment please stay in your car. Please call our office at 860-346-9665 upon your arrival. One of our team members will initiate your visit.
- Only the patient who is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception to this will be for very young patients, and one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using.
- Your temperature will be taken by a team member using a touchless thermometer. A pulse oximeter will be available should anyone wish to be checked.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guideline when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare before your arrival.
- Patients will rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at the treatment chair.
- We ask for your understanding while we try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit.
- You will find upon your arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You will also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and of our team.
- We will take the temperature of every team member, including Dr. Gelb, immediately upon arrival at the office and after lunch. Any team member at 100.4 degrees F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. We ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions please feel free to call our office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Larry Gelb & Staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: