Important Information Regarding Reopening
Dear Patients, Parents and Friends:
We hope this letter finds everyone well and healthy. We want to update you on our office, our measured reopening and the steps we are taking to ensure we doing everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
While our office was closed last year during the lockdown, Dr. Gelb and our team were remarkably busy learning about the virus and evidence-based guidelines for restarting dental practices. We have implemented the guidelines offered by the CDC, American Dental Association and the Connecticut State Dental Association. This wealth of information is continually changing and we continue to update our practices as new information becomes available.
We reopened our office on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. We are following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to insure the safety and well-being of you, our patients, and our team members.
We ask for your patience. We know there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible. We will eventually, but it will not be as efficient as we are used to in our office. We will have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well thought out and reviewed countless times.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- There will be a limited number of patients per day, roughly half the regular appointment load. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
Visits to Our Office
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms, please contact us immediately to cancel your appointment. We will reschedule your appointment after the specified 14 day self-quarantine requirement.
- When you arrive for your appointment please stay in your car. Please call our office at 860-346-9665 upon your arrival. One of our team members will initiate your visit.
- Only the patient who is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception to this will be for very young patients, and one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses continue, so bring the mask you have been using.
- Your temperature will be taken by a team member using a touchless thermometer. A pulse oximeter will be available should anyone wish to be checked.
- We will review a brief questionnaire of COVID-19 symptoms with you upon arrival.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing guideline when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare before your arrival.
- Patients will rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at the treatment chair.
- We ask for your understanding while we try to address all of your treatment needs during your visit.
- You will find upon your arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You will also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and of our team.
- We will take the temperature of every team member, including Dr. Gelb, immediately upon arrival at the office and after lunch. Any team member at 100.4 degrees F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and the time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. We ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions please feel free to call our office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Larry Gelb & Staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: